Implicit Bias in Healthcare Masterclass 2 Hours - Accredited
Are you tired of the traditional check-the-box unconscious bias training that only offers definitions, awareness, and shaming?
The Implicit Bias in Healthcare Masterclass is a 2-hour blended learning option. It includes a one-hour live, facilitator-led online discussion on implicit bias in health care, as well as a one-hour Implicit Bias e-learning focused on health care situations, which can be completed as your schedule allows.
2.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
Statement of Accreditation:
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of Michigan State Medical Society and The Cultural Intelligence Center. The Michigan State Medical Society is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement
The MSMS designates this other activity (Two Part Activity, Part 1 Enduring Material and Part 2 Live) for a maximum of 2 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Our Implicit bias training:
- Takes a deeper look at what makes us different by focusing on our internal core values
- We use neutral tools and language, no shaming
- We facilitate discussions focused on real world scenarios
- We provide strategies and practical tips to act & think differently
- 94% of participants trained feel better able to recognize and deal with bias in themselves and their colleagues
- Participants leave feeling more confident that they can make a positive difference
You Will Receive
Purchase your Implicit Bias Training Now!
You will choose your date/time for the in-person virtual event after purchase.
All times below are in EDT / Registration for a session will close at 12:00 AM EDT the day of the session. Don’t see a date or time that works for you? Come back often as we are always adding new sessions.
The Facilitator-led Online Discussion Will Include:
- Pre-Work: Short survey (5 minutes prior to the training)
- Facilitator-led online discussion (60 minutes of interactive training)
- Post survey (5 minutes after the training is complete)
- Certificate of Completion
The Implicit Bias e-Learning Will Include:
Module 1: Bias in Health care
- Recognize your own biases
- Describe the impact of bias in health care
- Current research on disparity in health care
- Identify ways bias has shaped the experiences of patients and providers
Module 2: CQ and Bias
- Identify the difference between explicit and implicit bias
- Apply Cultural Intelligence to manage everyday influences that can increase the application of bias
- Minimize the impact of implicit bias
Module 3: Impact of Implicit Bias
- Describe the impact of bias on patients and colleagues
- Identify the benefits of managing bias with CQ
- Develop a sustained commitment to managing bias in health care interactions
Module 4: Examples of Bias in Health Care
- Identify common forms of bias
- Recognize microaggressions and micro-affirmations
Module 5: Skills to Manage Bias
- Recognize bias
- Apply CQ when responding to bias
- Describe effective responses to bias
Module 6: Action Plan
- Assess your ability to respond to bias
- Develop a sustainable action plan for managing bias with CQ
We reserve the right to cancel a workshop session up to 30 days prior. Full refunds will be given if we do so. Otherwise, all purchases are non-refundable.
If you have questions about the training or would like to see if you are eligible for a discount on the training, we recommend reaching out to our Director of Public Programs, Jennifer Benbow. Contact Jennifer directly by clicking on the button below! You can also reach her at Jennifer.Benbow@CulturalQ.com.
Note for Michigan healthcare professionals: this workshop is designed to comply with the SOM LARA requirements adopted June 1, 2021, see: Governor Gretchen Whitmer and LARA Announce Adopted Training Requirement to Improve Equity Across Michigan’s Health Care System. The Cultural intelligence Center does not provide CEU or CE credits at this time.
*We use the terms implicit bias and unconscious bias interchangeably as we don’t see a significant difference in the definition or use of the terms.