CQ Your Bias Workshop
The CQ® Your Bias virtual workshop takes a non-polarizing, cultural approach to understanding implicit bias (often called unconscious bias) and explicit bias. Cultural diversity can be found around the world as well as within our own communities. Each person’s different cultural background and life experiences can lead to unconscious bias. Since we all have biases, this workshop teaches you how to recognize your own bias and that in policies and systems around you. The workshop also includes strategies for managing that bias to improve your interactions with others.
You Will Receive
Purchase the CQ Your Bias Workshop Now!
You will choose your date/time after purchase.
All times below are in your local time zone / Registration for a session will close at 12:00 AM Eastern Time two days before the session.
WORKSHOP AGENDA & OBJECTIVES
- Understand workshop objectives and agenda
- Define ground rules for participation interaction
Manage Bias with Cultural Intelligence: CQ Drive
- Develop a deeper understanding of unconscious bias and ways CQ can help disrupt bias
- Know the three everyday influences proven to increase the application of bias
- Possess strategies for interrupting everyday influences
See Unconscious Bias: CQ Knowledge
- Understand the personal and organizational effect of covering
- Define and recognize multiple types of bias, especially affinity and confirmation bias
- Learn CQ strategies for reducing covering and responding effectively to microaggressions
Disrupt Biased Systems and Practices: CQ Strategy
- Understand how bias affects organizational systems and practices
- Learn CQ strategies to manage bias across the employee lifecycle
- Learn five CQ strategies for managing decision-making bias
- Apply bias-busting CQ strategies to real-world scenarios
Create an Action Plan: CQ Action
- Commit to implementing several CQ strategies to manage bias
- Recognize managing bias as an ongoing process
- Develop a personal action plan to take effective action in managing and challenging bias
Contact us for group discounts.
Full payment is due upon registration and is non-refundable. However, we will allow a registrant the one-time option to transfer their registration to another available session within one calendar year, so long as written (email) notice is provided to the CQ Center 5 days prior to the workshop start date. If a registrant provides less than 5 days’ notice of a transfer request, an administrative fee of $100 USD will be assessed.
If a registrant fails to attend a workshop and no notice is provided before the workshop starts, that individual will be considered a “no-show” and will not be eligible for a refund or to transfer that registration.
We reserve the right to cancel a workshop session 30 days out. Full refunds will be given if we do so.